Monday, October 6, 2008

Technology, ho!

Mondays are best perfected, I think, will a poem. Here is one of mine. It has alot of themes, with a big "T."

Before Colonization


I arrive, an eager castaway,
toothy grinned provisions
in hand

at your shore.
A place in my scalp
ready for your sand.

How tame the animals were.

Litters of kittens
flocking to my lap.

A fawn resting its head
In the crock of my elbow.

It was easy here
to catch and kill.

Fire from hand comes
easily enough too. I learned

to burn things down
as swiftly as they had been
built by you,

and release them thickly
around me. I drew

with soot. Ash,
that opposite chalk.

See my splayed palm becomes
the branches of a tree.

Everything I touch
turns into something
it isn’t.


(I am going to try ot transfer my interview files onto this blog tonight. Proofs)

No comments: