Monday, October 27, 2008

belated update

I haven't posted here in a while. I've been doing a lot of journaling on my own and, a gasp!, have been writing a done. Working on finishing that first essay and am working on two stories, one isn't for Middle Ground but I feel compelled to finish the beast anyway. 
Am thinking of using some facts in at least one of my essay, I am reconstructing so much from memory and I don't know if that properly illustrates the work/ research I have actually been doing.
The biggest challenge I face is with fiction. Because I am dealing with a clashing culture and with race I fear that I will become preachy or heavy-handed. I'm trying to create people and situations based off of people and places I knew, but still. I am not trying to teach anyone anything. I am trying to illumination, which would be blessing enough. 

No comments: