I am sick and I am not going to Kayenta. Which may be a good thing.
But! Good news! Fortunes has degreed that I am having dinner with Gillian Vornittagg, one of the KUSD principals tonight. Work some networking magic.
Also, I will begin to post drafts of my first essay this weekend. I will be posting pieces in 1,000 word sections. I hope you all will real, comment and critique.
For now, I think , a poem:
Excavations
I would prefer you
sort of ruined
housed Anasazi style
peering from under cliffs
an eye curtained by rain.
Freckled by bootprint,
spooking astounded hikers.
Hidden like a pottery shard,
the half zig-zag or raven
under sand or dung.
The pilfered feather
the rattling, dislodged tooth
or the preserved, nibbles
corn cob turning to powder
when touched.
The first sifted gold
in the netted pan.
The pressurized shale
shaped by first worm.
I would prefer you
a history so old
it is mere speculation.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment