Sunday, July 27, 2008

Scrambled

Sifting through the war zone of my hard drive trying to find my HURA proposal.

Found my timeline, and I am on schedule.

Gorgeous recording equipent on the way. I ordered a remarkable device that allows me to record phone conversations. Behold, I am Dick Cheny.

Fodder:

Hiked today and saw a few horned toads today. The word for horned toad in navajo is the same word for grandfather. All of my friends referred to the horned toad as their grandfather.

The night my parent marriage officially distingrated I kept a horned toad in a red and purple satin pouch. I carried that reptile around for twenty-four hours, by the light of the flashing police sirens and the closet where I hid. I slept to the repile on someone else's sofa because my mother wouldn't let me be at home. I stayed in a sticky trailer.

The little toad died shortly before my mother came over and I walked down the steps to that trailer and asked her if there was going to be a divorce.

His little brown body shrivled up inside that soft little bag.

I see potential.

P/S I need to find a really good navajo-to-english dictionary.

No comments: