Sunday, November 16, 2008

Symposium

I am very, very, VERY excited about the undergraduate  symposium. Even if it is not until April I am already in the beginning phases of planning my presentation. I am unsure what the time restrictions are, if I will be presenting on all three days or if its more along the lines of a fair...BUt I still have some great ideas.

Here's what I'm grooving on:

A reading: Obviously, this would be the most direct presentation if there is time allotted and if the Symposium isn't like the aforementioned fair style.

 A short documentary film: I am enlisting on my friends, Tony C., to get some footage of the Rez, of me, of me on the Rez. I think that this could be really cool way to create a conversation presentation of the project. I would explain what the project is, show footage of the Rez, emote, etc. MUCH more exciting then a poster board.

This is where I get all new age-. I want to bring dirt from the Reservation. I really want to play off the idea of transplantation, of misplace ground. I like the idea of taking the place with me. 

Writing continues, imagery is tight. 

1 comment:

Lauren Elizabeth said...

The undergrad symposium is basically people reading their undergrad research papers or short stories to a small room of 20 or a large auditorium of 100. You could read some of your work and show a short documentary/footage. It's not like a fair; however, there may be a few booths for artists and some clubs.