-After much ado and discouragement, I am logging HURA hours. There is the matter of back-pay. Should I contact M. Bowling or the English Departments.
-I am really hoping to incorporate Navajo into all my pieces. I want to purchase this book:
Diné Bizaad Bínáhoóaah or Rediscovering the Navajo Language by Dr. Evangeline Parsons Yazzie.
Perhaps an interview can be gleamed.
-Have signed up for a (free) writing workshop on children's books on October 10. While I am not writing a piece aimed at children for Middle Ground, I am writing at least one story from the perspective of a 9-year-old. I am curious to see how this workshop will help this piece. Perhaps, it will keep my grown-up voice in check.
-Found out today that Neil Gaiman started as "a journalist with dreams of one day writing novels." I do not feel so soulless.
-I am heading up to Kayenta this weekend, come hell or high water. I believe both will come. I have yet to reimburse my drivers (ie, my father) with HURA funds. I need to figure that it out.
My biggest concern is that i will not be able to get into the classrooms. I will be sending out e-mails.
-I cannot figure out how to upload interviews from my digital recorder to my interviews. Which means they are taking up space on my recorders. Ew.
These are the logistics. Expect me emoting all over this place some time tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment